The land Glen View Club currently resides upon was originally homesteaded by the Dewes family in 1825 and purchased by John Dewes on November 4, 1840, where they resided until 1897. On March 29, 1897 the Club was incorporated under the name of Glen View Golf and Polo Club. A few years later the name was changed to Glen View Club. Additional properties were purchased and the Club now owns approximately 200 acres. Richard Leslie, the first head professional, is credited with the original layout of the golf course, probably in consultation with member, Herbert J. Tweedie. O. C. Simonds, one of the Club’s first 100 members, was responsible for planning and developing the Club grounds, along with fellow member Daniel Burnham. In 1922, the course had its first major redesign by William S. Flynn. Areas of the golf course were changed in 1999 by golf course architect David Esler. Glen View Club has proudly hosted five Western Golf championships, including the first Western Open in 1899, and the 8th U.S. Amateur tournament in 1902 (won by our member, Louis N. James) and the 10th U. S. Open in 1904.